Saturday, February 20, 2010

OREO Truffles Recipe

....SO YUMMY and EASY!
I am going to have to start taking pictures of the recipes I post...personally I like to see a picture with each recipe so I apologize!  Next time I make these truffles I will be sure to take some pictures while making them to make it easier for everyone. These are a wonderful addition to any dessert, a SURE hit when having to bring something to an event or a friends house. These are also peanut free as well =)


OREO Truffles
1 package of Oreo cookies

1 8oz package of cream cheese

1 -2 Bags of semisweet chocolate chips


Chop the Oreo Cookies (the entire package) in a chopper or food processor, put in a large bowl. Then mix in the cream cheese, I usually stir it in and then after a while I mix it really good with my hands (take off your rings and bracelets first otherwise you will have the Oreo’s in everything!) Once it is mixed well together, roll into small balls and place on a tray or large plate. Once you have rolled all the mixture into balls place in the refrigerator for approx. 15 min just to harden the balls which will make them easier when covering them in the chocolate chips.

Begin melting your chocolate chips in a double broiler, fondant pot (or just use a large pan with a little bit of water and then place a medium saucepan with the chocolate chips, you just don't want the saucepan to directly hit the burner because then you can burn your chocolate). Melt it completely. Line a tray or container (that can fit in the fridge) with wax paper. Take the balls out of the fridge and begin dipping them in the melted chocolate chips. Since I don't have a double broiler I usually place the ball on a fork and hold it over the melted chocolate then using a larger spoon I pour the melted chocolate over the ball on the fork using a large spoon, you want to cover the ball completely with the chocolate...continue until all the balls are done. Then place the truffles into the refrigerator for a few hours, they will harden and then you can enjoy!! DELISH!

If you are taking these over a guests house or bringing them to a party, I sometimes sprinkle the tops with sprinkles just to add a little touch (you can use red & green for xmas, or yellow and blue for Easter etc.) you want to do this before you put them in the refrigerator while the melted chocolate is still soft . Once hardened place each ball in a small baking cup (the mini cupcake cups) which can make them easier for people to eat and not have to touch each one. Or serve as is…trust me everyone will be asking you for this recipe!

If anyone has questions pop me an email, if you end up making these place leave a comment so everyone can see how yummy these are =) Next time I make them I will include some pictures for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment